I love San Choy Bow. But I’ve never cooked it before, so decided last night was the night to give it a go!
- 500g chicken or beef mince, or tofu. Make sure it’s organic, free range, hormone free!
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 2-3cm ginger, grated
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 1 chilli, minced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 5 mushrooms, diced
- 1 small capsicum, diced
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs tamari
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1c bean sprouts
- 1/2 c coriander, finely chopped
- Leaves of iceberg lettuce, carefully removed from head
- On medium-high heat, stir fry the mince until cooked through
- Move to the side of the pan, stir fry ginger, garlic, shallots and chilli for 1 minute
- Mix through mince
- Mix through zucchini, carrot, tomato, mushrooms, capsicum.
- Immediately add fish sauce, tamari and lime juice, and stif fry veg and mince for 3-4 minutes
- Move mince mixture to the edge of the pan, crack egg into middle. Quickly break up yolk and stir fry then mix in with other ingredients.
- Add bean sprouts and coriander and stir fry briefly to mix then remove from heat
- Take lettuce ‘wraps’ and place on plates, spoon mince and vegetables into the lettuce leaves. Wrap, eat and enjoy!
This is a simple recipe that’s easy to stir fry together, great for a quick weeknight meal, but you still get lots of vegetables in!
Make sure when you cook meat (especially mince) that it’s free range, organic and hormone free.
What’s one of your simple weeknight recipes?